KITAS for Foreigner Married in Indonesia

If a foreign citizen is married to an Indonesian Citizen, he/she is elligible to be granted a KITAS. However for foreign men, he must not be engaged to any work/business activites under an Indonesian company/institution. He shall obtain his own KITAS and Work Permit under the sponsorship of this company/institution.

For foreign dependents, KITAS will valid for 1 year and extendable.

Documents to be provided:
– Copy of the marriage certificate.
– Copy of foreigner’s passport.
– Passport sized photographs (4 x 6 = 12 pcs, 3 x 4 = 4 pcs, 2 x 3 = 4 pcs)
– Copy of the family register of your husband.
– Copy of your husband identity card (KTP)

When we received your documents we will start to process. The documents have to be sent to Jakarta for approval. If your application is approved you will receive a telex visa, this process can take up to 4 days before a decision is made and the visa is granted. When telex visa is issued you can apply for the visa at an Indonesian embassy or consulate overseas near to you. A fee is payable in local currencies for the visa application and duration of stayย  processing depends on the embassy /consulate where the visa is requested. When you get your visa, you must return to Indonesia straightaway and report to immigration within a maximum of 7 days from the arrival date. We can do this for you. The process can take up to 30 days in immigration and then you get the following documents:

1. KITAS, limited stay permit card.
2. Blue Book, control book from immigration.
3. Yellow Book, certificate from the police
4. STM, report certificate from the police
5. MERP, Multiple Exit Re-Permit
The above documents are valid for one (1) year.

What if you need to go overseas?
You must apply for an exit re-entry permit at immigration.
Use Exit Permit Only (EPO) however this means you cancel your KITAS for good.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *